United States Department of Veterans Affairs - Community Based Outpatient Clinics
VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC)
Lyle C. Pearson VA Clinic - Mankato
1400 Madison Ave, Ste 502, Mankato, MN, 56001
Distance: 1476 Miles
Provides general health care and preventive health screening to eligible Veterans close to their home
Services offered at a clinic will vary but may include:
* Primary care services including chronic disease management, patient education and health promotion
* Specialty referrals to Veterans Administration (VA) Medical Centers or community providers
* Pharmacy management and consultation
* Prescription processing through the mail, by telephone or online at My HealtheVet web portal
* Podiatry services
* Nutrition services including diabetes and weight loss classes
* Home-based primary care
* Mental health services
* Retinal scanning
* Laboratory services
* Some locations may offer support groups for patients, family and caregivers. Contact a local clinic for information.
* A person must be enrolled in a Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Care System to receive treatment at a Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).
* If you served in the active military, naval or air service and are separated under any condition other than dishonorable, you may qualify for VA health care benefits.
* Current and former members of the Reserves or National Guard who were called to active duty (other than for training only) by a federal order and completed the full period, for which they were called or ordered to active duty, may be eligible for VA health care as well.
All Veterans are encouraged to enroll in the Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Care system.
There are four ways to apply for enrollment:
2. By mail. The application form can be downloaded from the website above.
3. By phone. If you prefer to complete the application over the phone, or have a paper copy mailed to you, you may do so by calling (877) 222-VETS (8387) between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm (Eastern Time), Monday - Friday.
4. In person. You may also apply in person at any VA health care facility.
Once you apply for enrollment, your eligibility will be verified. Based on your specific eligibility information, you will be assigned a Priority Group.
There may be a co-payment required based on income.
7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Mankato and surrounding areas
- Albert Lea VA Clinic 2115 E Main St, Albert Lea, MN, 56007
- Bemidji VA Clinic 1217 Anne St NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Brainerd VA Clinic 722 NW 7th St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Decorah VA Clinic 915 Short St, Decorah, IA, 52101
- Ely VA Clinic 720 E Miners Dr, Ely, MN, 55731
- Fergus Falls VA Clinic 1839 N Park St, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Fort Snelling VA Clinic 1 Federal Dr, Fort Snelling, MN, 55111
- Grafton VA Clinic 1319 W 11th St, Grafton, ND, 58237
- Grand Forks VA Clinic 3221 32nd Ave S, Ste 700, Grand Forks, ND, 58201
- Hibbing VA Clinic 990 W 41st St, Ste 5, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Maplewood VA Clinic 3100 Kennard St, Ste 100, Maplewood, MN, 55109
- Max J. Beilke Outpatient Clinic - Alexandria 410 30th Ave E, Alexandria, MN, 56308
- Montevideo VA Clinic 1025 N 13th St, Montevideo, MN, 56265
- Northwest Metro VA Clinic - Ramsey 7545 Veterans Dr, Ramsey, MN, 55303
- Rochester VA Clinic 3551 Commercial Dr SW, Ste 400, Rochester, MN, 55902
- Shakopee VA Clinic 1555 Lusitano St, Shakopee, MN, 55379
- Sioux City VA Clinic 380 W Anchor Dr, North Sioux City, SD, 57049
- Spirit Lake VA Clinic 1850 Royal Ave, Spirit Lake, IA, 51360
- St. James VA Clinic 1103 13th Ave S, St. James, MN, 56081
- Twin Ports VA Clinic - Superior 3520 Tower Ave, Superior, WI, 54880
- Watertown VA Clinic 4 19th St NE, Watertown, SD, 57201
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LN-9000Veteran Outpatient Clinics Definition
Outpatient medical facilities operated by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs that provide routine primary medical care for eligible veterans. Services generally include x-rays, general health check ups, blood pressure checks, treatment for basic illnesses and laboratory tests.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.