United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development
Help Paying for Basic Needs - Home Loan Program for Rural Homeowners
Willmar Service Center
1005 High Ave, Willmar, MN, 56201
Distance: 1454 Miles
Offers cash or other short term aid to people in a crisis that is affecting their access to basic needs
Emergency assistance can vary based upon eligibility and available funds.
The Single Family Housing Direct Home Loans Program assists low- and very-low-income rural homeowners to purchase decent housing. The program is also called the Section 502 Direct Loan Program.
Payment assistance is a type of subsidy that helps to reduce mortgage payments for a short time.
- People with low income
A number of factors determine eligibility, including:
* Adjusted gross income at or below low-income limit for your area
* Willingness and ability to repay loan
More detailed eligibility guidelines are available online.
Applications for this program are accepted through your local Rural Development office
Big Stone, Brown, Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac Qui Parle, Meeker, Redwood, Renville, Swift and Yellow Medicine counties
- Alexandria Service Center 900 Robert St, Ste 103, Alexandria, MN, 56308
- Austin Service Center 1408 21st Ave NW, Ste 3, Austin, MN, 55912
- Baxter Service Center 7118 Clearwater Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425
- Bemidji Service Center 3217 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Cambridge Service Center 110 Buchanan St N, Cambridge, MN, 55008
- Detroit Lakes Service Center 809 8th St SE, Detroit Lakes, MN, 56501
- Faribault Service Center 1810 30th St NW, Ste 3, Faribault, MN, 55021
- Marshall Service Center 1424 E College Dr, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Minnesota State Office 375 Jackson St, Ste 410, St. Paul, MN, 55101
- Thief River Falls Service Center 201 Sherwood Ave S, Thief River Falls, MN, 56701
- Virginia Service Center 1202 8th St S, Ste 103, Virginia, MN, 55792
- Worthington Service Center 1567 McMillan St N, Worthington, MN, 56187
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3500.3400-850USDA Rural Home Purchase Loan Programs Definition
Programs offered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Rural Housing Service that make home loans and loan guarantees available to rural families with an income below 80% of the median income level in the communities where they live who do not qualify for a conventional loan. Direct loans are made for the purchase of a new home or for new home construction including site preparation. The loan guarantee program guarantees loans made by private lenders. Under the terms of this program, families may borrow up to 100% of the appraised value of a home eliminating the need for a down payment, a barrier to home ownership frequently faced by families with low incomes.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
YW-7000Rural Residents Definition
Individuals and families who have needs and interests in common based on living in relatively unpopulated areas or in areas devoted principally to agriculture.