United Community Action Partnership
Weatherization Assistance Program
101 Vesta Ave E, Cosmos, MN, 56228
Distance: 931 Miles
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
* Addition of attic or wall insulation
* Reduction of air leakage
* Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
* Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
Homes are weatherized according to priority household needs.
- Community Action Partnership
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income and households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months. Priority is given to households with:
* Elderly or disabled family members
* Children under 19 years of age
* High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Available to income-eligible residents of Cottonwood, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lincoln, Lyon, Meeker, McLeod, Redwood and Renville Counties
Complete one of the following applications and mail it to your local energy assistance provider.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Renville weatherization application now through the county office
Services are provided free of cost.
Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, and Renville Counties
- Hutchinson Office 218 Main St S, Hutchinson, MN, 55350
- Jackson Office 115 South Hwy, Jackson, MN, 56143
- Litchfield Office and Threads of Hope 120 N Sibley Ave, Litchfield, MN, 55355
- Marshall Corporate Office 1400 S Saratoga St, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Olivia Office 1635 W Lincoln Ave, Olivia, MN, 56277
- Redwood Falls Office 164 E 2nd St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Willmar Office 200 4th St SW, Willmar, MN, 56201
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.1800-950Weatherization Programs Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies to help people improve the energy efficiency of their homes and protect them from the elements. The program provides ceiling insulation, attic venting, double glazed windows, weather-stripping, minor housing envelope repairs, low-flow showerheads, evaporative cooler vent covers, water heater blankets, pipe wrap, duct wrap, switch and outlet gaskets, caulking, and other related energy conservation measures. Weatherization programs may have age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.