Tender Loving Care of Duluth, Inc.
Tender Loving Care of Duluth Inc
Call for location
Prevocational Services are designed to prepare persons for paid employment. Prevocational services teach general work skills and concepts rather than specific work skills for a particular job.
About This Location
Activities included with this service teach the skills necessary for a person to gain greater independence. It teaches skills like:
* Attention span
* Motor skills
* Problem solving
* Task completion
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Under the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) settings rule, tiered standards will be added to prevocational services as of January 1, 2021 or upon federal approval. The tiered standards mean:
* People who received prevocational services (including prevocational services under day training & habilitation services) before January 1, 2021 can continue to receive prevocational services without a time limit
* People who have NEVER received prevocational services and are new to the service on or after January 1, 2021, can only use prevocational services for 3 years (or 36 months)
For more information about the tiered standards and Home and Community Based Services settings transition rule, please visit the HCBS settings website and the HCBS settings rule statewide transition plan.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
St. Louis County
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Employment Services (Waiver)
- Homemaker Services
- Housing Access Coordination
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS)
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
- In-Home Family Support
- Night Supervision
- Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transitional Services
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-2000.6600Prevocational Training Definition
Programs that provide individual and group instruction and/or counseling for individuals with disabilities (including mental health issues) who need to develop physical and emotional tolerance for work demands and pressures; acquire personal-social behaviors that will allow them to get along with employers and co-workers on the job; and develop the basic manual, academic and communications skills that are needed to acquire basic job skills.