Skip to main content

St. Paul Public Housing Agency

Housing and Redevelopment Authority - Housing Choice Voucher

555 Wabasha St N, Ste 400, St. Paul, MN, 55102-1602

Distance: 1035 Miles

(651) 298-5158

Website

http://www.stpha.org/section-8/eligibility-admission

Service Details

Description

Government-funded program (also known as Section 8 vouchers) that provides rental assistance to eligible seniors, singles, families, and persons with disabilities to secure affordable housing. This Housing Authority agency accepts applications to the program and issues the vouchers to qualified applicants. This agency also makes the approved rental subsidy payment to the landlord. Participants will pay approximately 30% of their income for rent and are able to take the voucher with them if they move.


Additional information can be found at: https://www.housinglink.org/SubsidizedHousing


Additional Information

The waiting list for housing vouchers is currently closed.
To check and see if the list has reopened, visit http://www.stpha.org/section-8/section-8-apply


Vouchers targeted to special populations:
* Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) - long-term case management, supportive services
and permanent housing support for chronically homeless veterans. There are 159 vouchers for this program.
* Family Unification Program (FUP) - allows families to reunite with children who are otherwise unable to leave foster care because of the inability to afford decent affordable housing. There are 100 vouchers for this program.
* Mainstream Housing Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities program - issued to families where the head, spouse or co-head is a person with disabilities and they have 117 vouchers for this program.


Features

  • Specialization
    • Veteran 

Eligibility

Housing Choice Vouchers are limited to low-income families and individuals. Your eligibility is based on: 1) annual gross income; 2) whether you qualify as elderly, a person with a disability, or as a family; and 3) U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.


Applicants must meet income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Income guidelines are online at: https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il.html


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
In addition to meeting income eligibility criteria, applicants are prioritized on the waiting list according to their eligibility for local preferences that include applicants who are extremely low income, Saint Paul residents, veterans, and those associated with special allocations.
Most (95%) of the vouchers will be for applicants who live, work or attend school in the City of St. Paul. The remaining 5% will be awarded to other applicants.


Application Instructions

Contact the Housing Authority where you want to live to get on a Section 8 Voucher waiting list. Waiting lists for vouchers are often long or closed.


If you have trouble reaching the Housing Authority, you may also contact the local Housing and Urban Development Field Office:
Minneapolis Field Office
International Centre
920 Second Avenue South, Suite 1300
Minneapolis, MN 55402-4012
Phone: (612) 370-3000
Fax: (612) 370-3220
TTY: (612) 370-3186


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The waiting list is currently closed.


Business Hours

8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday


Area Served

City of St. Paul


Websites

Phone Numbers

Type Number Hours
FAX (651) 298-5666
Main - Administrative (651) 298-5664
Main - Help Line (651) 298-4444
Main - Rental (651) 298-5158
TDD (651) 292-7280

Last Update

7/2/2019

Other Locations

This provider does not offer this service at other locations.

Taxonomy Terms Used. Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.