Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS)
WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Southwest Health and Human Services - Rock County
2 Roundwind Rd, Luverne, MN, 56156
Distance: 962 Miles
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a nutrition and breastfeeding program to help pregnant women, new mothers, infants and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.
WIC benefits include:
* Nutrition information
* Nutritious foods you purchase using your WIC card
* Health or community referrals
- Assistance with community resources
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
Minnesota WIC is for:
* Women who are pregnant or recently had a baby
* Breastfeeding women
* Children up to age 5
Minnesota families must:
* Live in Minnesota.
* Meet WIC income guidelines
- Families are automatically income eligible if they are enrolled in another program such as Medical Assistance, Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)
Find income guidelines and a full list of automatic income eligibility programs on the Minnesota WIC website
All WIC clinics require appointments.
Bring to your appointment:
* All children under 5 years old, so staff can measure their height, weight, and hemoglobin
* Proof of identity for each woman and child
* Proof of all family income
* Proof of Minnesota address
Find required documents examples and more information about what to expect at your WIC appointment
This is a free service.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Pipestone, Redwood, and Rock counties
|Main - Rock County||(507) 283-5066|
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lincoln County 319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lyon County 607 W Main St, Ste 200, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Murray County 3001 Maple Rd, Ste 100, Slayton, MN, 56172
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Pipestone County 1091 N Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone, MN, 56164
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 266 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Support
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Public Health Clinic
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
A public health nutrition program administered by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service that provides nutrition education, nutritious foods, breastfeeding support and health care referrals for income-eligible pregnant or postpartum women, infants and children up to age five. Foster parents, grandparents, guardians and single fathers who have custody of their children may also be eligible to receive food assistance for children up to age five if they meet income guidelines. WIC provides specific foods to supplement the dietary needs of participants to ensure good health and development. Food packages typically include iron-fortified infant cereal, milk, cheese, eggs, whole grains, peanut butter, beans, fruits, vegetables and juice. Families can shop for WIC foods at most grocery stores using a WIC electronic transfer benefit (EBT) card or vouchers.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YB-9500.1500-650Preschool Age Children Definition
Children who are age three to five.
Very young children from birth to age three.
Infants who are in their first weeks of life.
YK-2000.2200Families With Infants/Toddlers Definition
Family units that consist of parents and one or more offspring from birth through age three.
YK-6500.6100New Parents Definition
Parents with a recently born child.
YK-6500.6600Pregnant Women Definition
Women who are awaiting the birth of a child.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
YL-3300.6500Poverty Level Definition
People whose annual income is within the federal poverty level guidelines which vary according to family size and are revised annually.