Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals
Foster Care, Adult
Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals - Moorhead (Horn)
410 Horn Ave, Moorhead, MN, 56560
Distance: 1445 Miles
The adult foster care service covers the provision of protection, supervision, household services, help with living skills or training and support for safeguarding cash resources. Foster care services are individualized and based on the needs of the person, as identified in the support plan.
There are two types of Adult Foster Care:
* Family Adult Foster Care - In Family Adult Foster Care the license holder lives in the home and is the primary provider of care.
* Corporate Adult Foster Care - In Corporate Adult Foster Care the license holder does not live in the home and is not the primary provider of care. Trained and hired staff generally provide services.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
Solutions' residential services target those individuals who have had a history of disrupted placement due to serious mental health or behavioral difficulty. The focus is on maintaining placement stability.
About This Location
Adult foster care also includes assistance with:
* Activities of daily living
* Chore services
* Behavioral aide
* Companion services
* Medication oversight (to the extent permitted under state law).
Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes that serve adults that are 55 years old or older can be licensed for 1 to 5 beds. Adult Foster Care homes that serve adults that are between the ages of 18 and 54 years old can be licensed for 1 to 4 beds.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Adult Foster Care Type - corporate
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Capacity 2
- Older adults
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1073105||Adult Foster Care - Community Residential Setting||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||https://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=1073105|
Services can be accessed by contacting the Intake Worker at (218) 287-4338.
- Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals - Moorhead (12th) 1020 12th St S, Moorhead, MN, 56560
- Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals - Moorhead (16th) 1721 16th St S, Moorhead, MN, 56560
- Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals - Moorhead (4th) 2918 4th St S, Moorhead, MN, 56560
- Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals - Moorhead (Main Office) 1547 30th Ave S, Moorhead, MN, 56560
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-020Adult Foster Homes Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangement for older adults or adults with disabilities who need supervision and personal care (but generally not nursing care) and who do not live with their families. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the individual to become a participating member of the family and the community in which the family resides, and to share in the interaction and responsibilities of being a part of a family. Foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states; and some jurisdictions may permit the provision of rehabilitation services, nursing care and other medical services. Some adult foster homes may specialize in providing care for adults with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, mental health issues or other specific conditions. Licensing requirements vary considerably from area to area.
YF-5000Mental Illness/Emotional Disabilities Definition
An alteration in thinking, mood or behavior or some combination of those that either creates distress or interferes with people's relationships or their ability function.