Social Security Administration (SSA)
Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)
Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fairmont
400 S State St, Ste 70, Fairmont, MN, 56031
Distance: 1435 Miles
(866) 667-6032 Ext: 34061
Plan To Achieve Self Support (PASS) is an Supplemental Security Income (SSI) provision to help people with disabilities return to work.
PASS lets disabled people set aside money and/or things they own to pay for items or services they need to reach specific work goals.
Plans can include money for school, training or to start a business. The goal is to have enough income to reduce or eliminate your need for benefits provided under the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income programs.
The Social Security Administration does not count the money or resources you set aside under an approved PASS when they decide your initial or continuing eligibility for SSI. Having a PASS may help you qualify for SSI or may increase the amount of your SSI payment.
- Adults with disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Developmental disabilities
- Mental health
- Physical disabilities
Contact local Social Security Administration (SSA) office to apply.
For specific information about the PASS program, you may contact the regional PASS cadre, which is located in St. Paul: (866) 667-6032 Ext: 34061
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Residents of Cottonwood, Faribault, Jackson and Martin counties
|Main - Local Toll Free||(877) 405-0414|
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Alexandria 2633 Jefferson St, Ste 701, Alexandria, MN, 56308
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Austin 404 2nd St NW, Austin, MN, 55912
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Baxter 8331 Brandon Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bemidji 2900 Hannah Ave NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bloomington 6161 American Blvd W, Ste 100, Bloomington, MN, 55438
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Brooklyn Center 3280 Northway Dr, Brooklyn Xing Office Park, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Duluth 230 W Superior St, Ste 500, Duluth, MN, 55802
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fargo 657 2nd Ave N, Rm 320, Fargo, ND, 58102
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fergus Falls 1023 W Lincoln Ave, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Grand Forks 402 Demers Ave, Ste 300, Grand Forks, ND, 58201
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Hibbing 1122 E 25th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Mankato 12 Civic Center Plz, Ste 1550 Mankato Pl, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Marshall 507 Jewett St, Ste B, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Minneapolis 1811 Chicago Ave, Ste 1, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Rochester 2443 Clare Ln NE, Ste 100, Rochester, MN, 55906
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Sioux Falls 5021 S Nevada Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, 57108
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Cloud 3800 Veterans Dr, Ste 100, St. Cloud, MN, 56303
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Paul 332 Minnesota St, Ste N650, St. Paul, MN, 55101
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Winona 53 E 3rd St, Ste 307, Winona, MN, 55987
Other Services or resources
- Disability and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Employment Support for Workers with Disabilities - Ticket to Work/Self Sufficiency Program
- Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs
- Information and Support - Replace Medicare or Social Security Card
- Social Security Representative Payee
- Work Incentives Programs
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
A federal income maintenance program administered by the Social Security Administration that provides basic financial assistance in the form of monthly checks for people who are age 65 and older, blind or have a disability and who have little or no income and resources. Some states supplement SSI checks for certain categories of recipients. If the state's supplemental payment is federally administered, individuals are automatically assessed for SSP eligibility when they apply for SSI and the supplemental payment is included in their SSI check. If a state administers its own supplemental payments, individuals must apply separately at the state agency.
NS-1800.8000Social Security Disability Insurance Definition
A federal program administered by the Social Security Administration that provides monthly cash benefits for disabled workers who are fully insured under the program, who are not capable of substantial gainful work and who have completed a five month waiting period.
PH-0700Benefits Screening Definition
Programs that provide benefits screening services which help individuals determine whether they are eligible for benefits through any of a wide variety of public and private federal, state and local programs. In addition to identifying the programs that a person may be eligible to receive, the service generally also provides a detailed description of the programs, local contacts for additional information (typically the addresses and phone numbers of where to apply for the programs), and materials to help successfully apply for each program. Included are programs that provide this service online and those that do benefits screening via the telephone or in-person. Some benefits screening programs may focus on specific populations such as older adults and people with disabilities; or specific aspects of benefits eligibility such as the impact that working will have on their benefits as an aid to helping people make informed decisions regarding whether to work. Also included are programs that help people complete the benefits screening form.
YC-1700Disability Benefit Recipients Definition
Previously employed individuals who have lost their earnings due to a physical or mental impairment severe enough to prevent them from working and who are receiving monthly cash benefits from a public or private source during the period of disability.