Food Distribution - Fresh Produce
14 4th St SW, Ste 203-20, Rochester, MN, 55902
Distance: 457 Miles
Food support is provided through free or low cost food that is distributed in boxes or bags to eligible people. This emergency food is typically offered on a specific date or a specific time.
* Volunteers grow fresh fruit and vegetables on urban lots
* Produce is then packed into weekly boxes that are distributed to needy people
* Anticipated season is July - October, with specific dates to be determined
* Deliveries are weekly, most likely on Friday afternoons
* Food is provided in Full Share (3 - 4 people) and Half Share options. (Will work with larger families to provide larger shares.)
Area Served by County
- Olmsted County
- Free / no cost to everyone
- People with low income
Priority given to people without access to transportation, as food is delivered. Priority is also given to those participating in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
* Contact by email or phone to sign up for food delivery
* Sign-up lasts till the beginning of March
Food and delivery are free of charge
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BD-1800.1000Brown Bag Food Programs Definition
Programs offered by senior centers or other community organizations, generally outside the food pantry network, that pack shopping bags (or other containers) with a supply of nutritional donated and surplus food for distribution to low-income individuals or families, students or older adults to supplement their meals at home.
BD-1800.8200-255Fresh Food Definition
Food distribution programs that provide fruits, vegetables, baked goods, deli items, dairy products and other perishables. Some programs offer locally grown fresh foods as a part of a movement toward locally based food sustainability.