Productive Alternatives, Inc. (PAI)
Employment Services (Waiver)
Productive Alternatives - Perham
802 Jenny Ave, Perham, MN, 56573
Distance: 1447 Miles
Individualized employment services and supports for people with disabilities include:
* Employment exploration services: Help to explore work and introduce employment options. This service helps people to make an informed choice about working in competitive, integrated employment.
* Employment development services: Help to plan for competitive employment, including identifying goals and discovering strengths. May help in finding employment if Vocational Rehabilitation Services is not available.
* Employment support services: Help to maintain community employment in an individual or group setting.
Learn more about this service in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Employment related services include:
* Employment preparation
* Job placement
* Job experience
* Competitive employment
* Extended employment
Licenses and Certifications
- Employment Services for Persons with Disabilities
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Participant in a Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), or Developmental Disability (DD) waiver program
These services are funded through:
* Brain Injury (BI) waiver
* Community Alternative Care (CAC) waiver
* Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waiver
* Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver
9:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday
Northern Ottertail County
- Productive Alternatives - Alexandria 603 22nd Ave W, Alexandria, MN, 56308
- Productive Alternatives - Brainerd Lakes Area 213 NW 4th St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Productive Alternatives - Fergus Falls 1205 N Tower Rd, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Productive Alternatives - Hoffman 106 7th St N, Hoffman, MN, 56339
- Productive Alternatives Supervised Living Facility 1017 N Tower Rd, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Willows 1011 N Tower Rd, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-6500.1500Comprehensive Disability Related Employment Programs Definition
Programs broadly available to individuals with disabilities in general (rather than focusing on special groups within the disability population) that provide vocational assessment, job development, job training, job placement, specialized job situations and/or other supportive services that help people with disabilities prepare for, find and retain paid employment.
ND-6500.8120Supported Employment Definition
Programs that find paid, meaningful work in a variety of community-based settings for people who have disabilities and which assign a "job coach" to work side-by-side with each client to interface with the employer and other employees, and provide training in basic job skills and work-related behaviors, assistance with specific tasks as needed and whatever other initial or ongoing support is required to ensure that the individual retains competitive employment. Included are individual placement models in which a job coach works on-the-job with a single individual and group models such as enclaves (which are self-contained work units of people needing support) and mobile work crews, in which a group of workers with disabilities receives continuous support and supervision from supported employment personnel. In the enclave model, groups of people with disabilities are trained to work as a team alongside employees in the host business supported by a specially trained on-site supervisor, who may work either for the host company or the placement agency. A variation of the enclave approach is called the "dispersed enclave" and is used in service industries (e.g., restaurants and hotels). Each person works on a separate job, and the group is dispersed throughout the company. In the mobile work crew model, a small team of people with disabilities works as a self-contained business and undertakes contract work such as landscaping and gardening projects. The crew works at various locations in a variety of settings within the community under the supervision of a job coach.
YF-1800Developmental Disabilities Definition
A severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a cognitive, neurological or physical impairment or a combination of cognitive, neurological and physical impairments; that is manifested during the developmental period (prior to age 22); that is likely to continue indefinitely; and that results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of major life activity including self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self-sufficiency.
YF-3000.1300Brain Disorders Definition
Any of a variety of conditions that are characterized by significant impairment of brain tissue and resultant loss of brain function including degenerative illnesses (e.g., Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, stroke and other cerebrovascular accidents), genetic variations or mutations that affect the development and functioning of the brain either in utero or following birth, traumatic brain injury, post infection damage, brain tumors, and permanent damage that occurs as a result of seizures, substance toxicity or other disorders as well as conditions affecting the brain that are present prior to birth.