Minnesota State Council on Disability
Disability Parking Permit
1600 University Ave W, Ste 8, St. Paul, MN, 55104
Distance: 1036 Miles
Provides the information to apply for a disability parking permit in Minnesota
The applicant is eligible if he or she:
* Has a cardiac condition to the extent that functional limitations are classified in severity according to the standards set by the American Heart Association
* Uses portable oxygen
* Is restricted by a respiratory disease
* Has an arterial oxygen tension of less than 60 mm/Hg on room air at rest
* Has lost an arm or a leg and does not have or cannot use an artificial limb
* Cannot walk without the aid of another person or device, like a wheelchair or cane
* Walking 200 feet would be life threatening
* Cannot walk 200 feet without stopping to rest
* Cannot walk without a significant risk of falling
* The person with a disability completes the top portion of the application form and signs it.
* A medical professional completes the lower portion of the form and signs it.
* The form must be submitted in person at any Motor Vehicle Registrar's office, or by mail to the address listed on the back of the application.
$5 fee if temporary or short-term
Free for long-term or permanent
|Toll Free - Voice and TTY||(800) 945-8913|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DF-7000.6550-170Disability Parking Permits Definition
Programs that issue plates, decals or other special devices which allow people who have disabilities to park in designated spaces in public areas or in front of their homes, to park for unlimited periods of time in time limit zones and/or to park in metered parking areas without paying fees. The permits may not apply to commercial loading zones, bus zones, red zones and no parking zones.