Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - Northeast Region - Duluth
11 E Superior St, Ste 220, Duluth, MN, 55802
Distance: 1470 Miles
Regional offices across Minnesota provide services for people with hearing loss. This includes those who are deaf, deafblind, hard of hearing, or late deafened.
* Assistive technology information and hands-on practice sessions
* Deafblind services, helping people gain communication skills and stay active in their communities
* Training for interpreters and support persons
* State-wide American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter referrals
* Family mentoring for American Sign Language, other visual communication skills and deaf culture
* Information services that help people solve problems and access services
* Mental health referrals that help people get mental health services within their communities
* Outreach services that inform people across the state about Minnesota Relay services
* Telephone Equipment Distribution (TED), providing TTYs, ring signalers and other equipment at no cost
* Links to other resources, including publications, schools, training programs, and hearing aid financial resources
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis counties
|Toll Free Voice or Relay||(800) 657-3663|
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - East/West Central Region - St. Cloud 3333 W Division St, Ste 204B, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - Hibbing 3920 13th Ave E, CareerForce, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - Metro Region - St. Paul 85 E 7th Place, Ste 105, St. Paul, MN, 55101
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - Northwest - Moorhead 715 11th St N, Ste 200 - Family Service Ctr, Moorhead, MN, 56560
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services – Rochester 2070 College View Rd E, CareerForce, Rochester, MN, 55904
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services - Southern Region - Mankato 12 Civic Center Plz, Ste 1670, Mankato, MN, 56001
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-0650.0700-015Assistive Technology Equipment Acquisition Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the costs associated with purchasing, leasing or otherwise acquiring assistive technology equipment. Included are programs that pay for needed assistive technology products outright and those that provide or arrange for interest-free, low-interest or market rate loans to finance the lease/purchase.
LH-2600.2900Hearing Aid Referrals Definition
Programs that link people who are in need of a hearing aid with programs that can supply one.
LH-2700.0500Assistive Technology Information Definition
Programs that provide information about cognitive/learning aids, control and signaling aids, daily living aids, hearing augmentation aids, mobility aids, prosthetic/orthotic/seating devices, recreational aids, speech aids, and/or visual/reading aids which enables potential users to evaluate their alternatives and make informed choices.
PH-2400.3350-800Sign Language Interpreter Registries Definition
Programs that maintain lists of individuals who are qualified to serve as sign language interpreters for people who are deaf or hearing impaired and which link individuals who are in need of this service with appropriate resources. Included are registries that provide access to individuals who are proficient in American Sign Language as well as those who use systems like Signing Exact English and Conceptually Accurate Signed English which involve manually coded English, cued speech in which words spoken by lips are supplemented by cues which aid speech reading, and oral transliteration in which words spoken by an individual are silently mouthed to the deaf person accompanied by appropriate facial expressions and gestures to facilitate conveyance of the information.
TD-0300.8000State Government Agencies/Departments Definition
The principal executive divisions of state government in the United States including state offices, departments, divisions, bureaus, boards and commissions, that are responsible, by law, for the management and control of public business and property.