Minnesota Department of Education
Resource Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (BVI)
1500 Highway 36 W, Roseville, MN, 55113
Distance: 507 Miles
The Minnesota Resource Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (BVI) is a statewide technical assistance resource addressing special education and services for students who are blind or visually impaired.
Activities of the Resources Center include:
* Engaging in activities which promote the individual talents and capabilities of students who are blind/visually impaired
* Increasing the independence of these students
* Fostering interaction and mutual understanding between these students and other members of their present and future communities
* Identifying and sharing information on innovative educational programs and best practices as they relate to identification, assessment, program planning, curriculum, instruction, transition, blindness and low vision
* Increasing training opportunities for professionals and parents throughout the state on topics related to special education and services for students who are blind/visually impaired
- Blind or visually impaired
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
FT-8000.8000Special Education Advocacy Definition
Programs that work to ensure that children and youth with disabilities receive a free, appropriate, public education often by providing assistance for parents who need support in seeking and obtaining needed early intervention, educational, medical or therapeutic services for their children.
YF-9000Visual Impairments Definition
Eye, optic nerve or brain malfunctions which prevent affected individuals from seeing normally. Eye disorders that can lead to visual impairments include retinal degeneration, albinism, cataracts, glaucoma, muscular problems that result in visual disturbances, corneal disorders, diabetic retinopathy, congenital disorders and infection.
YG-8000.8000Students With Disabilities Definition
Students who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations which may affect their educational performance, their mobility or their ability to communicate.
YZ-8290Special Education Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of special education.