560 6th Ave N, Minneapolis, MN, 55411
Distance: 1064 Miles
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
METRO System (Light Rail):
* Blue Line: Connects downtown Minneapolis with the airport and Mall of America
* Green Line: Links downtown Minneapolis, the University of Minnesota campus and downtown St. Paul
* Red Line is a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) line providing services between Apple Valley and Mall of America
Northstar Commuter Rail Line:
* Offers service between Big Lake and downtown Minneapolis, stopping at stations in Elk River, Ramsey, Anoka, Coon Rapids and Fridley
* Connects with Northstar link bus service to and from St. Cloud
* For commuters with a long commute and no regular bus or train service nearby, joining a vanpool may be the best option.
* Join a van that carries five to 15 people sharing the ride to and from work an average of three or more days a week. Each van has a volunteer driver and back-up drivers.
Guaranteed Ride Home: Gets you home if any of the following happen:
* Unexpected overtime that forces you to miss your bus, train, carpool or vanpool
* A rider becomes ill and needs to leave work or school early
* An immediate family member becomes ill and needs to be picked up early from daycare, school or work
* A carpool or vanpool driver unexpectedly needs to leave work early or stay late
- Private pay
- Serves community
- Vehicle lift access
Transportation Area Served by County
- Anoka County
- Carver County
- Dakota County
- Hennepin County
- Ramsey County
- Scott County
- Sherburne County
- Washington County
METRO System Light Rail
* Download and return application forms via email or call (651) 602-VANS (8267) or email: email@example.com to get started
Guaranteed Ride Home - if you have an eligible emergency on a day you commuted by carpool, vanpool, biked, walked or took transit, you can get home with a free and reliable ride. Register online.
* If you're a transit rider, enter your Go-To Card, Metropass, College Pass or U-Pass serial number so Metro Transit can reimburse your pass automatically.
Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington Counties with commuter rail service in Sherburne county.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.4500-153Carpooling Programs Definition
Programs that make arrangements for people to travel together in private automobiles and/or vans during busy commuting hours or which provide a central telephone number for people to use to identify others who are commuting to and from the same general area with whom they might share. Vehicle options include vanpools and carpools. Vanpools may be publicly or employer operated or organized by an individual who owns or leases a van; the drivers are generally participating as commuters themselves, so are not paid.
BT-4500.4900Local Rail Services Definition
Organizations that provide fixed-route rapid rail services which transport people within the limits of a city, a metropolitan area, the county, or a multicounty region, or which move people from outlying areas into a city or metropolitan area. Included are streetcar services, rail-connected trolley services, metro rail services, monorail services and elevated railway services.
BT-4500.6500-250Emergency Transportation for Commuters Definition
Programs that provide transportation for people who have used public transportation or have car pooled to commute to work and who need alternative transportation to get home because disruption in their commuting arrangements such as a family emergency or an unexpected requirement to work overtime.
BT-4800.7000-750Rail Passenger Services Definition
Organizations that utilize trains to transport passengers whose destinations are outside the local area.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.