Let's Go Fishing
Activities for People with Disabilities
Lake Shetek Chapter
28 N Shore Dr, Garvin, MN, 56132
Distance: 1380 Miles
Offers opportunities for people with disabilities to socialize and participate in activities
Provides free fishing and boating excursions for older adults, veterans, disabled adults and youth.
There is no cost to participants other than the purchase of a fishing license from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
The organization is made up of a network of members, volunteers, and chapters with a passion for fishing and boating and a caring heart for the people they serve.
Each excursion is on a safe boat or pontoon with an experienced guide. Appropriate equipment, such as life jackets, fishing rods, tackle, and live bait is provided.
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
Lyon and Murray counties
- Alexandria Lakes Area Chapter PO Box 1371, Alexandria, MN, 56308
- Bemidji Area Chapter 4928 Whitetail Rd NE, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Brainerd Lakes Chapter PO Box 257, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Detroit Lakes Area Chapter PO Box 42, Detroit Lakes, MN, 56502
- East Central MN Area Chapter PO Box 429, North Branch, MN, 55056
- Eden Prairie Area Chapter Eden Prairie, MN, 55344
- Fairmont Area Chapter PO Box 184, Fairmont, MN, 56031
- Headwaters Area Chapter PO Box 243, Park Rapids, MN, 56470
- Itasca County Chapter PO Box 86, Cohasset, MN, 55721
- Let's Go Fishing 1025 19th Ave SW, Central Office, Willmar, MN, 56201
- Ottertail County Chapter PO Box 621, Fergus Falls, MN, 56538
- Paynesville Area Chapter 1105 W Main St, C/O Inez Jones, Paynesville, MN, 56362
- Scott County Area Chapter PO Box 473, Prior Lake, MN, 55372
- St. Croix Valley Chapter 200 5th Ave S, C/O Bayport Marina Association, Bayport, MN, 55003
- Tri-County Fishing Club 521 S 11th St, C/O David Schultz, Montevideo, MN, 56265
- Willmar Area Chapter PO Box 614, Willmar, MN, 56201
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
Programs that provide opportunities for people of all ages to learn, become competitive in and enjoy the sport of boating using any of a wide variety of watercraft.
Programs, often offered by local fishing clubs, that provide opportunities for people of all ages to learn and enjoy the sport of fly and bait fishing in saltwater and freshwater environments. Many fishing clubs sponsor competitions for members. Also included are programs that maintain private stocked fishing preserves or fish camps that people who enjoy fishing can visit as a vacation option.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YJ-8750People With Disabilities/Health Conditions Definition
Individuals who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations, illnesses or injuries that affect their ability to engage in one or more major life activities. Disabilities and health conditions may be temporary or permanent, may be present at birth or occur at any point in a person's lifetime, and can be of different levels of severity.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.