Home and Community Options, Inc.
66 E 3rd St, Ste 101, Winona, MN, 55987
Disability waiver-funded Family Training services provide training and education for the person receiving services and/or the family as identified in the individual plan of care.
About This Location
Covered services are limited to enrollment fees and related materials that may include:
* Instruction about treatment regimens
* Updates, as appropriate, to safely maintain the person in their home
* Use of equipment identified in the plan of care
* Development of self-advocacy skills
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
If you have waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Winona and surrounding area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Crisis Respite
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Homemaker Services
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Personal Support
- Specialist Services
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-0800Caregiver Training Definition
Programs that provide training for family members and other informal caregivers which focuses on care-related activities such as medication management, personal care and making the home environment safe and barrier-free as well as on stress management and other techniques to help the caregiver take care of him or herself. The focus of the training is on building the skills and capacity of the caregiver to manage their caregiving role. Some programs include a caregiver assessment, development of an individualized plan that focuses on the caregiver, setting goals and establishing a routine for ongoing support for the caregiver.