Habitat For Humanity - La Crosse Area
Home Ownership Assistance
Habitat For Humanity - La Crosse Area and Habitat Restore
3181 Berlin Dr, La Crosse, WI, 54601
Distance: 931 Miles
Home ownership program that offers financial assistance to make home purchases more affordable for those that meet eligibility requirements
This non-profit program builds, renovates and repairs houses.
Homeowners purchase the homes with affordable mortgage payments. Both volunteers and homebuyers help build and repair the homes.
Families are selected for the program based on
* Level of need
* Willingness to become partners in the program
* Ability to repay the loan
Area Served by County
- Houston County
- People with low income
Low income individuals and families.
In general, applicants must:
* Be citizens or legal residents
* must have lived in La Crosse, Trempealeau, Vernon, or Houston county for a year before applying.
* You cannot have had property foreclosed on for one year before applying
* Your total family income must fall between 30% to 80% of area median income
In addition, each partner family will be required to:
* Invest sweat-equity hours in building their home and others
* Make an affordable down payment
* Make timely mortgage payments
* Attend homeowner education classes
Houston County in Minnesota
La Crosse, Trempealeau and Vernon counties in Wisconsin
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-7000.8100-800Sweat Equity Programs Definition
Programs that make low-cost housing available to people who have very low incomes by organizing a group of volunteers to design and construct houses which are then sold at cost and at no interest to individuals who qualify by making a small down payment and investing a specified number of hours of "sweat equity" working on the project.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
YL-3300.6500Poverty Level Definition
People whose annual income is within the federal poverty level guidelines which vary according to family size and are revised annually.