Corner Home Medical
Specialized Equipment and Supplies
Corner Home Medical - Alexandria
115 18th Ave W, Alexandria, MN, 56308
Distance: 1454 Miles
Specialized Equipment and Supplies is a waiver and Alternative Care program service for people who have an assessed need for additional supplies and equipment beyond what is covered by Medical Assistance (MA) and other funding sources.
Specialized Equipment and Supplies are devices, controls, or medical appliances specified in the support plan that enable the person to increase their ability to:
* Perform activities of daily living
* Perceive, control, or interact with their environment
* Communicate with others
State Medical Assistance plan medical equipment and supplies are defined under Minnesota Rules, parts 9505.0310.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers or Alternative Care program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
About This Location
Supplies and equipment could include:
* Durable and non-durable medical equipment and supplies (when not available or denied under the state plan)
* Equipment repair and maintenance (unless covered by the manufacturer's warranty)
* Items necessary for life support
- Supplies necessary for the proper functioning of such life support
* Items that exceed the limits set for Medical Assistance (MA) state plan covered services
* Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
* Upgrades and add-ons to otherwise approved state plan items covered by MA that are determined necessary to meet the needs identified in the person's consumer support plan
The funding may include necessary training or instruction on the use of specialized supplies and equipment.
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
This service is available through most waivers and the Alternative Care (AC) program for people whose assessment and service plan shows a need for more supplies or equipment than what Medical Assistance (MA) or other funding covers.
The Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver does not cover this service, but Assistive Technology is available as a separate DD waiver service.
If you have waiver funding, the support plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
- Corner Home Medical - Apple Valley 14690 Galaxie Ave, Ste 118, Apple Valley, MN, 55124
- Corner Home Medical - Bloomington 9720 Humboldt Ave S, Bloomington, MN, 55431
- Corner Home Medical - Moorhead and Dilworth 1201 Center Ave W, Dilworth, MN, 56529
- Corner Home Medical - New Hope Call for location, MN
- Corner Home Medical - Osseo 500 Central Ave, Osseo, MN, 55369
- Corner Home Medical - Red Wing 573 Flueger Ct, Red Wing, MN, 55066
- Corner Home Medical - Redwood Falls 1020 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Corner Home Medical - Rochester 36 17th Ave NW, Rochester, MN, 55901
- Corner Home Medical - Willmar 1033 19th Ave SW, Willmar, MN, 56201
- Corner Home Medical - Woodbury 8380 City Centre Dr, Ste 170, Woodbury, MN, 55125
- Lake Region Home Medical, LLC 1432 W Lincoln Ave, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Robin Drug Corp 4092 Lakeland Ave N, Robbinsdale, MN, 55422
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-0600Assistive Technology Equipment Definition
Programs that pay for or provide equipment, appliances and assistive aids that enable people, including those who have physical or sensory limitations, to increase their mobility and/or ability to communicate and live more comfortably.
LH-0650.0700Assistive Technology Expense Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the costs associated with acquiring assistive technology products and/or obtaining support services such as customization, fit/modification services or repairs.
LH-5000Medical Equipment/Supplies Definition
Programs that pay for or provide necessary in-home hospital equipment, monitoring devices, respiratory aids, prevention kits and other medical supplies that are required by people who want to prevent the transmission of an infectious disease, are coping with the effects of a chronic health condition or disability or are convalescing following surgery or illness. Included are programs that provide medical equipment on a loan basis as well as those that provide equipment that people can keep.