Community Partners - Two Harbors
417 South Ave, Two Harbors, MN, 55616
Rides to access waiver services, employment, and community activities, services and resources for people on a waiver or Alternative Care (AC) program, when other transportation is not available.
Volunteer drivers assist with transportation to and from medical, dental, eye and other appointments in Duluth and Two Harbors.
About This Location
Covered services include rides to:
* Meet the needs and preferences as written in the person's support plan
* Waiver services when the rate for the waiver service does not include transportation
The following are non-covered transportation services:
* Transportation to health care services available through Medical Assistance (MA) state plan services
* Transportation when alternate transportation is available free of charge, (such as through family, neighbors, friends, or community agencies)
Non-covered services for a personal vehicle include:
* Any payment beyond negotiated mileage or trip reimbursement
* Reimbursement to a person for the purpose of transporting self or the use of their own vehicle
Learn more about this waiver service in the Community-Based Services Manual.
If you have waiver funding, the support plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
- Living At Home / Block Nurse
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Assist passengers to and from vehicle
Transportation Area Served by County
- Lake County
Waiver Service Specialties
- Alternative Care Program, Billed by One-Way Trip
- Billed by One-Way Trip
Riders need to be able to get in an out of a passenger vehicle independently.
Ride requests must be placed at least 3 business days in advance.
9:00am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
People 60+ and their caregivers who reside in the City of Two Harbors and the north shore area from Knife River up to the Gooseberry River and 5 miles inland
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Activities for Seniors
- Caregiver Consultant
- Caregiver Support
- Chore Services
- Errand Running and Shopping
- Family Caregiver Training and Education
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- Snow Removal
- Support Group - Caregivers, Memory Loss (Memory Care Cafe)
- Telephone Reassurance
- Yard Work
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-170Disability Related Transportation Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of shopping, banking, social events, medical appointments, getting to and from work, and similar activities for people with disabilities who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation. Also included are programs that provide transportation for youngsters with disabilities who have no other means of accessing necessary specialized services and activities. Some but not all vehicles used for this purpose are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
BT-4500.6500-800Senior Ride Programs Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of medical appointments, shopping, banking, social events, and other similar activities for older adults who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.