Brookdale Senior Living Solutions
Assisted Living Facility with Dementia Care
1365 Crestridge Ln, Eagan, MN, 55123
Distance: 1035 Miles
An assisted living facility provides sleeping accommodations and assisted living services including:
* Assistance with dressing, self-feeding, oral hygiene, hair care, grooming, toileting, and bathing
* Preparing specialized diets ordered by a licensed health professional
* Assisting the person with eating when they have complicated eating problems
* Hands-on assistance with transfers and mobility
* Help with medication administration and medication management
* Planned group and individual programming and person-centered care practices to support activities of daily living
* Tasks delegated to unlicensed personnel by a registered nurse or assigned by a licensed health professional within the person's scope of practice
* Providing other complex or specialty health care services
* Services in a secured dementia care unit must have an awake person who is physically present in the secured dementia care unit 24/7
* Staff are trained to provide specialized care for individuals with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias
Facilities under this license may have a secured dementia care unit. This unit is locked to prevent an individual with dementia from exiting the designated area.
The Uniform Disclosure of Assisted Living Services and Amenities (UDALSA) and the Assisted Living Bill of Rights is available to all current and perspective clients as required by MN Statute 144G.
Select the link below to the see the UDALSA for this location which describes services, supports and amenities available at the facility.
About This Location
- Assisted living capacity 51 and greater
- Number of Assisted Living rental units in building 52
- Personal care/home health
Memory and Cognitive Care
- Special care program for memory loss, memory problems, dementia, or Alzheimer's
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- 24 hours a day
- Alzheimer's Disease
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|30683||Assisted Living with Dementia Care||Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)||https://www.health.state.mn.us/facilities/regulation/assistedliving/udalsa/30683.pdf|
- Brookdale Eden Prairie 7513 Mitchell Rd, Eden Prairie, MN, 55344
- Brookdale Edina 3330 Edinborough Way, Edina, MN, 55435
- Brookdale North Oaks 300 Village Center Dr, North Oaks, MN, 55127
- Brookdale Plymouth 15855 22nd Ave N, Plymouth, MN, 55447
- Brookdale West St. Paul 315 Thompson Ave E, West St. Paul, MN, 55118
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-060Assisted Living Facilities Definition
Residential facilities specially constructed or converted to combine housing and supportive services in a "homelike" environment with the goal of maximizing the individual functioning and autonomy of residents. Assisted living facilities generally have private apartment-style accommodations with walk in showers, wide doors for wheelchair access, emergency pull cord systems and other special amenities; and offer the individualized array of personal care services which will allow each resident to function as independently as possible. Services vary from facility to facility, but usually include three meals a day with special diets, as required; housekeeping and linen services; personal laundry; social and recreational activities; transportation to medical appointments, stores and community services; money management assistance; assistance with toileting, bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility and other activities of daily living; medication management and administration; therapy and pharmacy services; and wellness and exercise programs. Assisted living facilities may be licensed by the state or may not require a license depending on the area in which they are located.
BH-8400.6000-780Secured Supportive Housing Units Definition
Specialized units within supportive housing facilities that provide additional security to assure the safety and well being of residents with Alzheimer's disease or other conditions who may wander away from the facility or exhibit other problematic behaviors.
YF-3000.0440Alzheimer's Disease Definition
An age-related, non-reversible brain disorder that develops over a period of years. Initially, people experience memory loss and confusion, which may be mistaken for the kinds of memory changes that are sometimes associated with normal aging. The symptoms gradually lead to behavior and personality changes, a decline in cognitive abilities such as decision-making and language skills and problems recognizing family and friends; and ultimately to a severe loss of mental function. Alzheimer's disease is one of a group of disorders called dementias that are characterized by cognitive and behavioral problems. It is the most common cause of dementia among people age 65 and older.
An acquired reduction in mental capacity that is characterized by impairment of memory, judgment and intellectual functioning which is often accompanied by behavioral disturbances.