ABLE- A Brighter Living Experience
Foster Care, Adult
ABLE, La Crescent - Town Hall
1315 Town Hall Rd, La Crescent, MN, 55947
Distance: 962 Miles
The adult foster care service covers the provision of protection, supervision, household services, help with living skills or training and support for safeguarding cash resources. Foster care services are individualized and based on the needs of the person, as identified in the support plan.
There are two types of Adult Foster Care:
* Family Adult Foster Care - In Family Adult Foster Care the license holder lives in the home and is the primary provider of care.
* Corporate Adult Foster Care - In Corporate Adult Foster Care the license holder does not live in the home and is not the primary provider of care. Trained and hired staff generally provide services. Corporate Foster Care providers delivering services to individuals on the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC) or Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waivers, must also maintain a Foster Care facility license.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
Residential-based homes can provide up to 24-hour supervision depending on the needs of the individual. A Brighter Living Experience (ABLE) operates 15 residential facilities throughout the Houston County area. Each home is customized to meet the unique needs of the people supported.
The services provided by ABLE encourage individuals to participate in decisions and choices which affect their daily lives. ABLE helps each person maintain independence and gain a sense of self-direction while ensuring that a reliable and nurturing support network is available.
About This Location
Adult foster care also includes assistance with:
* Activities of daily living
* Chore services
* Behavioral aide
* Companion services
* Medication oversight (to the extent permitted under state law).
Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes that serve adults that are 55 years old or older can be licensed for 1 to 5 beds. Adult Foster Care homes that serve adults that are between the ages of 18 and 54 years old can be licensed for 1 to 4 beds.
Use the DHS Licensing Information Lookup to verify this provider has an active foster care license.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Adult Foster Care Type - corporate
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Capacity 4
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1068218||Adult Foster Care - Community Residential Setting||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||https://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=1068218|
Under Waiver Reimagine, corporate foster care (adult and child) and supportive living services corporate are streamlining into one service called community residential services as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval). For more information about community residential services and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the Department of Human Services (DHS) manual page for community residential services and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
Under Waiver Reimagine, family foster care (adult and child) and supportive living services family are streamlining into one service called family residential services as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval). For more information about community residential services and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the Department of Human Services (DHS) manual page for family residential services and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
Please note: Waiver Reimagine simplified service changes are only for the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), and Developmental Disability (DD) waivers and will NOT affect the Elderly Waiver and its use of corporate and family foster care adult service.
Referrals through Houston County Department of Human Services.
- ABLE, Caledonia - Badger 330 N Badger St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Bush 903 Bush St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Courtney 900 Courtney Dr, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Grove #1 603 E Grove St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Grove #2 516 E Grove St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Hokah 417 S Hokah St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Sunnyside #2 334 S Sunnyside Dr, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, Caledonia - Winnebago 504 N Winnebago St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- ABLE, La Crescent - Elm 524 N Elm St, La Crescent, MN, 55947
- ABLE, La Crescent - Hill 211 S Hill St, La Crescent, MN, 55947
- ABLE, La Crescent - Lancer Call for location, MN
- ABLE, La Crescent - Spruce 903 Spruce Dr, La Crescent, MN, 55947
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-020Adult Foster Homes Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangement for older adults or adults with disabilities who need supervision and personal care (but generally not nursing care) and who do not live with their families. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the individual to become a participating member of the family and the community in which the family resides, and to share in the interaction and responsibilities of being a part of a family. Foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states; and some jurisdictions may permit the provision of rehabilitation services, nursing care and other medical services. Some adult foster homes may specialize in providing care for adults with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, mental health issues or other specific conditions. Licensing requirements vary considerably from area to area.